This Copyright Policy sets forth copyright ownership, usage license granted to users and DMCA procedures that may be taken to notify The Joyful Pooch, (“we,” “us” or “our”) owner of thejoyfulpooch.com (the “Site”) of any potential copyright violations occurring via the Website.
Unless otherwise indicated in captions, photo credit, author bio or other information, the copyright in this website and all media on the website, including without limitation text, photos, video, PDF guides, downloadable products, artwork and design details (collectively “Media”), are owned by The Joyful Pooch and it’s licensors, including Fetch Stock http://fetchstock.com.
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- Print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without our prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to email@example.com.
With the exception of fair use cases, a licensing fee is required to use Media owned by us.
ENFORCEMENT OF COPYRIGHT
We take the protection of our copyright very seriously. We work with leading license recovery services to automatically track, and pursue payment for, unauthorized use. Our sister company Fetch Stock also employs tracking methods for monitoring use of the content it sub-licenses to us for our use on thejoyfulpooch.com and corresponding social media channels.
If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the license above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any material on the joyfulpooch.com website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this to us by following the process below.
- Our Designated Agent to Receive Notifications of Infringement Under the DMCA
If you believe that your work has been copied or used on the Site, or incorporated into the Services, any User Content, or any Site Content in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you or your authorized representative may provide us with a written communication or notice, which is intended to be consistent with the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) (the “DMCA Notice”). If applicable, we will respond to notices in a form provided by other jurisdictions as well. The DMCA Notice should be sent to us using one of the following delivery methods:
- By Mail: 4142 Adams Ave Ste 103505, San Diego CA 92116
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: ‘DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”))
- Notice of Infringement
The DMCA Notice should include the following:
- Signature of Copyright Owner or Agent– A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the Copyrighted Material– Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single written notice, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the Allegedly Infringing Material– Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Contact Information– Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact the sender of the DMCA Notice, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the sender may be contacted.
- Good Faith Belief of Infringement– A statement that the sender of the DMCA Notice has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Accuracy and Authority– A statement that the information in the DMCA Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the sender of the DMCA Notice is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that a sender of a DMCA Notice may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, if the sender materially misrepresents that content made available through the Service infringes upon the copyright of another.
If you believe in good faith that a DMCA Notice of copyright infringement has been wrongfully filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Counter-notices must be sent to our Designated Agent and must include the following:
- Your Signature– A physical or electronic signature of the user who the claim of infringement is made against.
- Identification of Removed/Blocked Material– Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- Your Good Faith Belief– A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your Contact Information, Acceptance of Jurisdiction and Service of Process– Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the DMCA Notice of the alleged infringement.
- Termination Under Our DMCA Policy
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, accounts for users of the Site and Services who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local country law or United States law, our response to a DMCA Notice may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Site and Services and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.